Part 1 - Three guys walked up to my bar last night and ordered three different draft beers--a Pacifico, an IPA and a Yuengling. Those beers are three different colors, but I don't expect people to know that (it's relevant later). They asked for them in that order, I poured them in that order, and then I set them down in that order, each beer directly in front of the guy that ordered it. At that point, the first guy said "Which one is which?" as if I wouldn't remember and might've put them in the wrong place. With a confused look on my face I pointed to each beer and said "That's the Pacifico, that's the IPA and that's the Yuengling."
Part 2 - About 30 seconds later, another guy came to the bar (he wasn't with the other three). I asked him what he'd like, and he said "I'll have what they're having" while pointing in the direction of the other three guys. As I said before, the beers were three different colors. I said "Who?" hoping to give him a chance to specify, but he replied "Them" and gestured again angrily as if I was supposed to know. At that point I probably should've poured him one of each of the three beers he was asking for, but I just gave him what the closest guy was drinking.
Something else I've experienced a lot lately is the "I can't find my waitress" scenario. Well, did you look? Because 99 percent of the time I can see said waitress from where I am standing.
- Most drinks these days aren't real drinks
- I'd really like to know the thought process of this calculated 10-percent tipper
- Do you ever look at pictures of food on your phone in a restaurant before ordering?
- Why do people think it's OK to ask bartenders to put more booze in their drinks?
- Advice for bar patrons: Don't be afraid to look at the menu before ordering
- If you're drinking vodka-soda cause it's "low in calories," maybe don't order mac n' cheese with it
- PSA: "Low calorie" alcohol does not exist (sorry Keel vodka)
- If you're meeting a blind date in a bar, probably don't order lemonade
- Guys do some weird stuff to try to impress girls in bars
- How come men use cash and women don't? (This really makes no sense to me)
- Some things you should know before getting food from a restaurant "to go"
- Snifters: 101
- "Can I get $7 of Patron?"
- Memo to young women in bars
- Memo to young women in bars - Part II
- Inappropriate bar behavior?
- People will drink whatever I tell them to
- Public Service Announcement about "skinny girl" drinks
- Advice for when you're buying a round of drinks in a crowded bar