|Rask's glove save as the final horn sounded was a fitting end.|
Having said that, here's a few of the more impressive/amazing stats from the series:
- Sidney Crosby, arguably the best player in the world, was held without a point for 4 consecutive playoff games for the first time in his career.
- Before the series started, Crosby (15), Evgeni Malkin (16), and Kris Letang (16) were 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the league in total points this postseason (behind David Krejci). After combining for 47 points in their first 11 playoff games, the three of them registered a grand total of zero vs the Bruins.
- The Penguins 2 goals were the second fewest ever scored in an NHL best of 7 series.
- Tuuka Rask stopped 134 of 136 shots, a save percentage of .985.
- In rounds one and two of the playoffs Pittsburgh score 47 goals over 37 periods, for an average of 1.27 goals each period. Against Boston the Penguins netted only 2 scores in 14 periods; an average of just 0.14 goals per period (a drop off of 89%).